1. Should each tier of my wedding cake have a different flavor?
Rule of Thumb: KNOW YOUR GUESTS! I tell all my brides that having more than one flavor may result in less servings per guest. Some guests will feel the need to try each flavor; hence, they have more than one serving of cake. If you feel your guests may do that, here are some things to consider:
2. I want a BIG cake, but I don’t want a lot of cake left over. Ways to get the look you want without all the cake.
3. What about a Groom’s Cake if my groom doesn’t like cake?
How can you represent your groom at the reception? We still want the groom to feel like he had equal consideration on the Big Day! Even if he doesn’t like cake, you can have cake. He won’t be the only one eating it; your guests will enjoy it. One way to do this is with a groom’s cake that represents his interests. Some brides go all out on the groom’s cake with a sculpted cake and heavy décor on his table that represents him. Some brides opt for an array of his favorite desserts: Aunt Linda’s pound cake, Grandma’s peach cobbler or his favorite flavor of simple, 2 layer cake. It’s just a way to say “I love you and it’s your day, too!”
4. I’m having 150 guests. Should I get MORE cake or less cake? Things to consider when calculating your cake servings.
5. Wow! I never knew wedding cakes could cost so much! What to expect when pricing your wedding cake.
Although you may have an exact number of guests in mind, your cake may be baked to serve a little under or a little above the number of guests. This definitely affects the pricing and budget.
Depending on your location and style of your cake, expect to pay anywhere from $4-$12 per slice for your cake. Delivery and taxes will also be applied to the price of the cake.
6. Wedding cake design ideas: There are so many beautiful cake ideas to choose from. Flip through wedding magazines, search the internet. Google the style of your event, wedding colors and just add the word CAKE….Shabby Chic + cake, Elegant + cake, Red and Black + Cake, Bling + Cake….You will find tons of ideas and you can always combine elements from different cake pictures. Every tier doesn’t have to be exactly as pictured. Some brides like an eclectic look, taken from a few different styles of cakes. It’s YOUR big day. Pick the cake of your dreams and work with your cake designer to fit your budget.